Simple and affordable, the DP1400 portable two-way analogue/digital radio connects your workforce efficiently and has the flexibility to grow with your business. By combining the best of two-way radio functionality with the latest analogue and digital technology, the DP1400 is perfect for the everyday user who wants to stay connected. Fully compatible with the MOTOTRBO family of radios, the DP1400 has superior audio quality, outstanding coverage, long-lasting battery life and more.
You can also choose the analogue-only DP1400 model, which gives you great voice communications today, with a path to crisp and clear digital voice communications when you’re ready. All you will need is a simple software upgrade.
Whatever your needs, the DP1400 provides a simple, reliable, cost-effective communication solution to help work crews connect, coordinate and collaborate to get the job done right. Improve the efficiency of your operation with easy-to-use voice communication that’s right for you.
Analogue/Digital – Get all the benefits of digital, including better voice quality, better range and better battery life – but retain compatibility with your existing radio fleet while giving yourself the freedom to migrate to the latest technology at your own pace.
Automatic Gain Control – Automatically compensates for changes in voice level, whether you are speaking softly or loudly, turning your head, or moving the microphone further away from your mouth.
Transmit Interrupt Capability – Enables a supervisor to interrupt a DP1400 user to deliver critical communication exactly when and where it’s needed.
Compatible with Radio Management Suite – Program your radios quickly and efficiently, with Motorola Solutions Radio Management tool. Radios can be programmed in batches to a standardised template, giving error-free results and optimised performance.
Dual Capacity Direct Mode – Utilise the power of the 2-slot TDMA DMR standard to increase calling capacity and minimise licensing costs.
Encrypted Communications – Keep your communications from being intercepted and your channels secure with 16-bit encryption.
Lone Worker – DP1400 can help protect those working on their own by regularly prompting the user to press a button on the radio. If the user does not respond within a specified length of time, a supervisor or dispatcher is notified that there may be a problem.
IP54 Rated – Dustproof and splashproof, so you can work with confidence in challenging environments.
- VHF (136-174MHz); UHF1 (403-470MHz)
- 16 channels
- Large, textured push-to-talk button for ease of use
- 2 programmable buttons to improve ease-of-use and increase operator efficiency
- Tri-colour LED for clear visual feedback on radio operating status
- Digital Emergency via programmable button to help ensure rapid response to critical incidents
- Sophisticated Emergency Calls help ensure employee safety
- Quick, easy-to-use Group and Individual call capability
- PTT ID helps improve communications efficiency and system discipline
- Elegant channel scanning schemes help ensure calls are received first time every time
- Basic Privacy
- VOX Capability
- Lone Worker
- Programmable Text Messaging Capability
- Voice announcement of channel change and feature activation
- Digital Upgrade via Software Purchase (Analogue Only model)
- IP54 environmental sealing helps ensure continued operation in tough working conditions
- Rental Timer provides the ability to set a timer where the radio will stop functioning after the timer expires.
- Frequency rangeVHF (136-174 MHz); UHF (403-470 MHz)
- PowerPower supply- 7.5V (Nominal)
- Battery life (based on a 05 05 90 duty cycle)9.5 / 12.0 hours (NiMH 1400 mAh)
11.5 / 14.5 hours (Li-Ion 1600 mAh)
15.5 / 19.5 hours (Li-Ion 2250 mAh)
19.5 / 25.0 hours (Li-Ion 2900 mAh)
- Audio output0.5 W (Internal)
- Power output1 or 5W (VHF)
1 or 4W (UHF)
- Rotary on off volume
- Tri-colour status LEDYes
- DisplayNo Display
- Weight (with standard battery)406g (Ni-MH 1400 mAh)
341g (Slim Li-Ion 1600 mAh)
346g (High Cap Li-Ion 2250 mAh)
348g (Ultra-High Cap Li-Ion 2900 mAh)
Dimensions H x W x D (with standard battery)
128 x 62 x 42 mm (Ni-MH 1400mAH)
128 x 62 x 39 mm (Li-Ion 1600mAH)
128 x 62 x 44 mm (Li-Ion 2250mAH)
128 x 62 x 44 mm (Li-Ion 2900 mAh)
The basic package includes
- Single-Unit Charger
- 3″ Belt Clip (HLN8255_)
- In-box Documentation
- NOTE: The 24 months warranty only applies to the radio, it does not apply to batteries or accessories shipped within the model package. Service From the Start packages are also available.