- IP67 and MIL-STD-810G to ensure outstanding performance in harsh environments
- ATEX: II 1G Ex ia IIC T3 (Gas); II 1D Ex ia IIIC T160˚C IP5X (Dust); I M1 Ex ia (mining)
- FM: Class I, Zone 1 AEX/Ex ia IIC T3 ; Class II, III Div1, Group E, F, G T160˚C; -20˚C<= Ta<=50˚C
- Supports Global Positioning System (GPS) as standard
- Skid-proof, light metal design
- GPS & man-down (standard)
- Basic Scrambler and Encryption
- Advanced Encryption (optional)
- Pseudo trunk operation (DMO & RMO)
- Multi-Site Roaming (optional)
- One touch call/text messaging
- Analogue & Digital Emergency
- Standard Antenna
- Li-ion Battery (1800mAh)
- Single Charger (Optional)
- Leather Strap
- Belt Clip
Highest level of intrinsic safety – “ia” is the highest level of intrinsic safety, which means the circuit has three protective measures. An “ia” radio can be used in Zone 0, 1 and 2 areas, allowing for the occurrence of two faults during operation.
Innovative silicone encapsulation technology – Silicone encapsulation technology can prevent the internal circuits from interface with air and liquid, which effectively stops the intrusion of liquid, flammable dust and explosive gas.
PCB design and high EMC performance – To achieve a higher explosion-proof safety level, the PD715IS adopts optimal PCB layout design. All the key components of the PCB are covered with a shield, which minimises the circuit fault probability and produces better performance of EMC.
Patented battery latch design – To disengage the battery from the radio, you need to move the lock and bolt of the latch along two different axes. This patented design ensures no disengagement of the battery pack from the main radio in case of a drop which may cause a spark.
Light metal design – The PD715IS’s shell is made of light metal to ensure no mechanical spark. This can effectively maximise the reliability in explosive environments.